- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup All purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown cane sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 10 pcs cardamon
- 3 tsp coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup water
- Canola Oil for deep fry
Saturday, January 18, 2014
Sunday, May 5, 2013
- 1 pound chicken thigh; 1 large onion; 1 large tomatoes; ½ cup cilantro
- 2 tsp cumin coriander powder, ½ tsp turmeric powder, ½ tsp chilli powder, 1 tsp ginger garlic paste, ½ tsp garam masala, 1 dried bay leaf, salt (according to your taste)
- Cut chicken into small pieces (1/2 inch to 1 inch)
- Chop onion, tomato, and cilantro
- Turn on the stove at medium heat (4 to 5 level on the stove)
- Take a cooking pot (non-stick) preferred, and add 3 tsp oil
- Add dried bay leaf and then add chopped onions.
- Cook onion for 4 minutes and then add chicken
- Cook chicken until all the water evaporates and then add salt
- Cook chicken until it is golden brown color and then add tomatoes
- Cook for another 5 minutes
- Then add cumin coriander powder, turmeric powder, chili powder, ginger garlic paste, and garam masala powder
- Slow the heat and cook for next 4- 5 minutes
- Add 5 tsp of water and cook for another 5 minutes
- Once the water evaporate add ½ cup of water and add cilantro
- Put the lid on of the cooking pot and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Again add cilantro to garnish
Sunday, April 1, 2012
1 cup Gundruk; ¼ cup chopped onion; ¼ cup chopped tomatoes; ¼ cup chopped cilantro; 1tsp lemon juice; salt for taste; 2 tsp mustard oil; 1 tsp chopped green pepper
- Take Gundruk and soak it in water for about an hour
- After 1 hour drain all water and add salt into the Gundruk
- Add onion, tomatoes, green pepper, mustard oil and lemon juice and mix with spoon.
- Then add cilantro and serve.
Monday, March 19, 2012
1. Cut, trim, and wash 2 leeks.
2. Saute with a little bit of butter in a sauce pan until tender.
3. Chop ham or any other (preferably pre-cooked) meat. Add to the saucepan.
4. In separate bowls whisk 8 eggs
5. Add milk (or half & half) to whisked eggs. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Add shredded Parmesan cheese to egg mixture.
7. Grease the baking pan with a little butter, dump the leeks and ham into the pan, then pour the egg/milk mixture, and add chopped tomatoes.
8. Bake at 400F for 20 minutes or until cooked through (looks fluffy and not milky).
Thursday, January 19, 2012
- 3 large russet potatoes; 1 whole cucumber; 2 jalapeño peppers or green peppers; ½ cup cilantro
- 1/3 cup white sesame seeds; Salt (according to your taste); ½ tsp Turmeric powder; ½ tsp fenugreek seed; 3 tsp mustard oil or canola oil; 2 tsp lemon juice; 1 cup water
- Boil potatoes, peel off and cut it into small cubes.
- Peel off the cucumber and cut into small pieces.
- Cut jalapeño peppers and cilantro into small pieces.
- Mix potatoes and cucumber into one container.
- Turn on the stove at medium heat (4-5 level on the stove) and roast white sesame seed in non stick frying pan until brown.
- Turn off the stove and let it cool for few minutes.
- Blend the roasted sesame seeds, add water if necessary to make thick paste.
- Put the sesame seed paste into the container with potatoes and cucumber.
- Again turn on the stove on medium heat (6-7 level on the stove).
- Take small frying pan and add oil. Let it heat for 1-2 minutes and then add fenugreek seed.
- Heat the fenugreek seed until brown and then add jalapeño peppers. Stir for 1 minute and then add turmeric powder. Immediately turn off the heat to avoid over burning and pour it into the container with potatoes, cucumber and sesame seeds
- Add 1 cup water, lemon juice, salt and stir for 5 minutes.
- Add cilantro and then stir continuously for 2-3 minutes.
- Taste it and add lemon, salt and red chili pepper according to your need.
- Garnish with more cilantro and let it cool for an hour and then serve.
Monday, January 16, 2012
2 LB Carrot; 2 cup Water; ½ cup whole milk ; ½ cup sugar; ½ cup Ricotta cheese
¼ cup unsalted cashew nut; 20-30 Raisins; ¼ cup coconut flakes; ½ tsp cardamom powder; ½ tsp cinnamon powder; 3 tsp unsalted butter
1. Wash, peel off and shred the carrots.
2. Turn on the stove at medium heat, take deep frying pan and add 3 tsp unsalted butter.
3. Put cashew nuts, raisins and coconut flakes and fry until brown
4. Remove them from the frying pan and add shredded carrots on the leftover butter.
5. Cook for 5 minutes (5-6 level on the cooking stove).
6. Then add 2 cups water and cover the pan with the lid.
7. Cook for 10 minutes and stir it frequently to avoid over burning.
8. Take off the lid and cook until all water vaporizes.
9. Now add ricotta cheese, sugar and milk. Stir and cook for 6-7 minutes.
10. Add fried cashew nut, raisins and coconut flakes and stir for 5 minutes.
11. Finally add cinnamon and cardamom powder and stir.
12. Turn off your stove and serve it hot or cold.